Monday, April 23, 2007

An untitled poem

This was first published by Weber State University.

the olding man
by the well
kneeling to drink
of an absent love
spins off words and rhymes
and kneels to taste another
looking for a place to stay
but finding none
he sits in this place
as the story becomes
another
throwing up leaves
and catching them before they fall
and bending to lift another
tonight he swims
in earthen ponds
tonight the night’s his brother
tonight he sings to morning dew
tonight he dreams of mother
the water splashes on his face
with no reflection
and his hair is entangled
in the dreams he slept on
and life is passing
and night is to fly
for morning comes on
say goodbye

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brandon -- I love your poetry, and I hope you keep posting it here. I think it's better than Texas Roadhouse rolls (which, frankly, is saying a lot).

And though I am so happy you like my blog, I would appreciate it if you would not make the reading of it a Writing Centre activity. I'm a shy hermit, if you recall! :-)

See you in class tomorrow night! You should bring Holly!