Saturday, July 28, 2007

i have about as much faith in my ability to indefinitely produce somethings worth reading as i do in my ability to live forever. i struggle on an almost daily basis to say something that i like myself for having said, and that doesn't even begin to extend to my concern for readerly tastes. i've kind of been in a dry spout lately, for one reason or another, but i thought i better go ahead and say something so you all know i'm still around.

that said, let me share with you some of my pet peeves that i have discovered in the past week.

1) stories that pretend to be great when they're not (see The Illusionist, as well as Syriana)

2) criticism that pretends that there is an objective scale for good or bad art

3) people who express opinions that, at best, don't get along, at worst, are mutually negational.

but enough of that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

painted
walls
fill
rooms of
rain
full
faces
floating
in the window

1 comment:

Julie said...

Hooray for an update! Love the poem, especially "full faces floating."